Monday 18 June 2007

and the flipside....

this birth-year for me has had one of the worst starts....

for one, on my birthday, agartala recieves what seems to be 1 meter of rainfall... its raining cats and dogs all day and all internet and landlines are dwon, i mean what is a guy supposed to do in a condition like this... and friends and family cant get through because all the networks are clogged.... its real frustrating....

but thats still forgivable compared to the second day..

today is i think the lowest day of my professional career... forgive me my friends, i am a vegetarian, and a tam-bram at that, and for me to e selling horlicks all day in a fish (both fresh - whatever that means, and dry, and various states of drying), plus all forms of poultry and goats and sheep and cattle and the butchers alone know what else in one of the forementioned various states of drying are some of my worst olfactory nightmares...

i spent an entire day of selling horlicks and the rest of the assortment and putting up posters and POPs and backing sheets and what not in that atmosphere... and to top it all off, i had two new products to explain in bengali (readers may be reminded that im ok with a variety of languages even though i am tam bram, i can manage hindi, english, tamil and a mixture of haryanvi-punjabi) and had to use words like shonga -shonga, khhob bhalo chale, nutan product and the rest of my limited bengali vocabulary to explain things - oh by the way i didnt mention this, agartala folks dont speak bengali but a dialect which even my bengali HR manager cant get....

that means 4 hours of talking, running out of the market to get a couple of gasps of fresh air, and then back in in time to complete the pitch...

to say i lost it is an understatement, the mixture of smells got into my head and i totally lost it today... i ran out, i just couldnt stand there, and think about a poor vegetarian salesman/ sales officer in that situation, whew... i really really really feel for that guy man... its terrible...

i came out of the market alll pukey and all and tried to wash down the feeling with a pepsi... but the damn pepsi was EXPIRED STOCK... have u guys ever heard of expired pepsi??? well i got one and it tasted totally horrible and worsened my condition, i just could continue with the beat and took a rickshaw back to thee distributor's office to get my body to a better shape....

whew, that would by far be down as the smellist day of my career...

6 comments:

Gordon DSouza said...

thats why me and verghese decided to train marwadi in the art of dining with non-vegs ...

hang in there buddy

My Business; My Love said...

Thats a sales job!!!

Arvind Katariya said...

Welcome!!!!

T.R.J.Nair said...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I think?

Atleast thats the way I look at things. Sometimes. Not often, but sometimes.

Anonymous said...

i agree with the gd

Raghav Sehgal said...

Kya re..tu isse zyada strong hai anna !!